Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 18th and 19th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 18th & 19th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering the following headlines: Goa Liberation Day, Global Food Security Index, International Migrants Day 2022, Gati Shakti University, GST Council.
18th and 19th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 18th & 19th December 2022.
- National Minorities Rights Day 2022: 18 December: National Minorities Rights Day is commemorated on December 18 every year in India. Its aim is to safeguard the individual rights of the religious, ethnic, racial, or linguistic minorities in the country. This day is a reminder about the rights of minorities and to raise awareness about it. Minority Rights Day in India is commemorated by conducting debates and seminars on topic related to minority communities.
- International Migrants Day 2022: 18 December: International Migrants Day is observed annually on December 18 to bring attention to the social and economic realities of migrants around the world. This day is observed to guarantee that the rights of migrants are equally respected and not violated. The mobility of people is still influenced by a range of factors despite the world’s rapid growth and change.
- India Announced Candidature for UNSC Membership for 2028-29 Term: India looks forward to being back in the UN Security Council, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said, as he declared the country’s candidature as non-permanent member for the 2028-29 term
- Indian-origin Leo Varadkar is new Prime Minister of Ireland: Indian-origin Leo Varadkar has returned for a second term as Ireland’s Prime Minister as part of a job-sharing deal made by the country’s centrist coalition government. His appointment was confirmed when he received the seal of office from President Michael D. Higgins, Ireland’s head of state.
- Goa Liberation Day:‘ Goa Liberation Day’ is celebrated on December 19 to commemorate the state’s liberation from Portuguese rule in 1961. As part of Operation Vijay, the Indian armed forces used the armed forces trifecta with the help of local resistance movements to eradicate European rule from the country.
- Gati Shakti University: Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw appointed as first Chancellor: Union Minister of Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw has been appointed as the Chancellor of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya, Vadodara, by President Smt. Draupadi Murmu. It is noteworthy to mention that Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw will be the first Chancellor of Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya.
- 2022 Global Food Security Index (GFSI) Report: The 2022 Global Food Security Index (GFSI) report was released by the British weekly The Economist. The 11th Global Food Security Index shows a deterioration in the global food environment for the third year, threatening food security.
- India ranked 3rd globally in the publication of scientific papers: Union Minister for Science and Technology, Jitendra Singh has revealed that India had jumped from 7th to 3rd in global scientific publications and scholarly output, according to a report by America’s National Science Foundation.
- NASA Launches International Mission ‘SWOT’ to Survey Earth’s Water: The Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) mission is a satellite altimeter jointly developed and operated by NASA and CNES (French space agency) in partnership with the space agencies of the UK and Canada.
Read Related Article:-