Current Affairs 2023 by Crack Adda
Daily Current Affairs 21 February 2023: Daily Current Affairs Update & Daily Quiz For Government Exams:
Daily Current Affairs: 21 February 2023. Today’s Current Affairs covers the following news headlines:
- Terrorist organisations
- EU formally bans gas, diesel car sales
- Qatar lifts ban on frozen seafood from India
- ‘Shrimp Mela’
- Ayushmann Khurrana named as National Ambassador of child rights
- World Day of Social Justice
Daily Current Affairs 21 February 2023:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 21 February 2023.
- Khalistan Tiger Force and Jammu and Kashmir Ghaznavi Force declared as terrorist organisations: The Centre banned two groups and declared an individual a terrorist for their subversive and anti-India activities. The two groups are the Jammu and Kashmir Ghaznavi Force (JKGF), which has been formed with cadres from terrorist organisations such as the Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed; and the Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF), which aims to revive terrorism in Punjab.
- EU formally bans gas, diesel car sales from 2035: In a move to boost the transition to electric vehicles (EVs), the European Parliament has approved the law to ban the sale of new gas and diesel cars in the EU, starting in 2035. The new legislation sets the path towards zero CO2 emissions for new passenger cars and light commercial vehicles in 2035.
- Qatar lifts ban on frozen seafood from India: Qatar has lifted its temporary ban on the import of frozen seafood from India, paving the way for enhanced export and improved bilateral relations with the West Asian country, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry said in a statement. According to the statement, the ban was imposed last year in November just ahead of the FIFA World Cup following the alleged detection of Vibrio cholera from a few consignments from India.
- Punjab Government Organized First State-Level ‘Shrimp Mela’: Punjab Government has organized its first state-level ‘Prawn Fair’ (Shrimp mela). This “Prawn Fair” or Shrimp mela is an effort of the state government to create awareness about shrimp farming. Shrimp farming is an aquaculture-based activity in marine or freshwater to produce shrimp for human consumption. By 2022-23, a total of 1,212 acres of land has been taken up for shrimp farming in southwest Punjab, with a total production of 2,413 tonnes of shrimp.
- UNICEF India: Ayushmann Khurrana named as National Ambassador of child rights: In India, Ayushmann Khurrana will represent UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund). The actor’s designation as the National Ambassador was announced by UNICEF. As part of his duties, Ayushmann will work with UNICEF to guarantee every child’s rights to life, health, and protection while also fostering their voice and agency in matters that affect them.
- World Day of Social Justice: World Day of Social Justice is observed annually on February 20. The main goal of this day is to raise a voice against social injustice and to bring together diverse communities around the world in an effort to eradicate poverty, physical discrimination, gender inequalities, religious discrimination and illiteracy, and create a society that is socially integrated. The day is an opportunity for individuals, organizations, and governments to reflect on the progress made towards achieving social justice, as well as identify areas where more work is needed.
Read Related Article:-
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz 19 & 20 February 2023 Part -63
- Current Affairs- 19th & 20th February 2023
- Current Affairs- 18 February 2023
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz 18 February 2023 Part -62
- Current Affairs- 17th January 2023
- VISION IAS Prelims Test Series IAS 2023; TEST 8 PDF Free Download
- MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE VISION IAS NOVEMBER 2022 FREE DOWNLOAD