Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 8th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 8th December 2022. Today’s important events are SAARC Charter Day 2022, AAP’s Bobby elected first transgender member of MCD, Bodhi Day, India’s Coal Production Increased By 11.66 %, ‘Asia’s first Drone delivery hub for easy access to healthcare’, Maharashtra to Establish Separate Divyang Department, NABARD named Shri Shaji KV as Chairman, NSIC Signs MoU with Walmart, RBI Allows Blocking of Funds for Multiple Auto-debits in UPI, Conclave of NSAs of Central Asian Countries.
8th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 8th December 2022.
- SAARC Charter Day 2022: The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter Dayis observed every year on 8th December. On this day in 1985, SAARC Charter was adopted in Dhaka, during the first summit of the group. This year marks the 38th Anniversary of the regional group. The charter was signed by the Leaders of SAARC Countries Heads of State or Government of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka at the First SAARC Summit held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- AAP’s Bobby elected first transgender member of MCD: The national capital has got its first transgender councilor after Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP), Bobby Kinnarhas won the civic polls from Sultanpuri-A ward. Bobby Kinnar (38) was given a ticket from Sultanpuri A (ward 43) seat. She has been associated with AAP since the Anna movement and later when the party was formed. She won the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) seat from Sultanpuri. Bobby defeated Congress candidate Varuna Dhaka by a margin of 6,714 votes.
- Bodhi Day: Bodhi Day is observed on 8th December all over the world, usually under various names. To honor Gautam Buddha and his preaching’s, it typically occurs on the eighth day of the 12th month of the lunisolar calendar.
- India’s Coal Production Increased By 11.66 % in November: India’s total coal production went up by 11.66 percent to 75.87 million tonnes in November 2022 from 67.94 million tonnes recorded during the corresponding period of last year. According to the coal ministry data, in November 2022,Coal India Ltd (CIL) registered a growth of 12.82 percent, whereas Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) and other captive mines registered a growth of 7.84 percent and 6.87 percent respectively.
- Meghalaya Government launches ‘Asia’s first Drone delivery hub for easy access to healthcare: The Meghalaya government in partnership with startup TechEagle has unveiled Asia’s first drone delivery hub and network which is aimed at providing universal access to healthcare for the people in the state.
- Maharashtra to Establish Separate Divyang Department: Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shindehas announced that the state will establish a separate Divyang department for the welfare of differently-abled persons with a fund allocation of 1,143 crore rupees.
- NABARD named Shri Shaji KV as Chairman: K V Shajihas been named Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). He formerly served as NABARD’s Deputy Managing Director (DMD) till May 21, 2020. He is an agricultural graduate with a PGDM in Public Policy from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Ahmedabad.
- NSIC Signs MoU with Walmart: A Memorandum of Understandingwas signed between The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. and Walmart Global Sourcing India Private Limited, to facilitate services to MSMEs in Walmart Vriddhi program.
- RBI Allows Blocking of Funds for Multiple Auto-debits in UPI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)enhanced the capabilities of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) by introducing a ‘single-block-and-multiple debits’ functionality, which allows a customer to enable a payment mandate against a merchant by blocking funds for specific purposes in his/her bank account which can be debited, whenever needed.
- India Hosts Conclave of NSAs of Central Asian Countries: Time magazine named President Volodymyr Zelensky as well as “the spirit of Ukraine” as its 2022 person of the year, for the resistance the country has shown in the face of Russia’s invasion.Time Heroes of the Year: Women in Iran were named the Time Heroes of the Year.Iranian women who are protesting for over three months against the custodial death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini. She was arrested for not wearing hijab publicly and she died while in the custody of the Iranian morality police. Her death has triggered a mass protest from the Iranian women against public wearing of Hijab and the morality police.
Read Related Article:-