Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 17th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 17th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering the following headlines: Tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Vijay Diwas, Tokyo Makes Solar Panels Mandatory, Iran Removed From UNW, Agni-5 missile.
17th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 17th December 2022.
- Nation Pays Tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on His Death Anniversary:Prime Minister Narendra Modi and several Union Ministers paid tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on his 71st death anniversary. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, known as the “Iron Man of India,” was born in Nadiad village in present-day Gujarat on October 31, 1875.
- Vijay Diwas Celebrated in India to Mark Victory of Bangladesh Liberation War: Nation celebrates Vijay Diwas, to commemorate India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war. On this day, the heroes who sacrificed their lives for war are remembered and tributes are paid to them.
- Tokyo Makes Solar Panels Mandatory for New Homes Built After 2025: The Japanese capital local assembly passed a new regulation which stated that all new houses in Tokyo built by large-scale homebuilders after April 2025 must install solar power panels to cut household carbon emissions. Currently, Japan stands at fifth spot in the world’s largest carbon emitters list.
- India Successfully Carries Out Trials of Nuclear-Capable ”Agni-5 missile”: India has successfully conducted night trials of nuclear-capable ballistic missile Agni V, capable of striking targets at ranges more than 5,000 kilometers with very high degree of accuracy.
- India received Rafale’s 36th and last aircraft from France: All 36 Rafale aircraft were delivered to India by France. India and France struck an intergovernmental agreement wherein Paris committed to pay India 60,000 crore rupees for 36 Rafale fighter jets in 2016.
- Atal Innovation Mission and UNDP India launch 5th edition of Youth Co: Lab:The 5th edition of Youth Co:Lab, Asia Pacific’s largest youth innovation movement was jointly launched by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and UNDP India December 15th 2022.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kaam Karyakram (PMKKK) Renamed as Promotion of Prime Minister’s Heritage (PM Vikas) Scheme: The Minister of Minority Affairs, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani in a reply to a question in the Lok Sabha informed that the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Ko Kaam Karyakram (PMKKK) has now been named as Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme.
- Tata Steel Officially Partnered FIH Men’s World Cup 2023: Tata Steel Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hockey India on December 13, 2022 to become an Official Partner of the FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar – Rourkela.
- FINA World Swimming Championships 2022: Chahat Arora Sets National Record in 100m Breaststroke: In Swimming, Indian swimmer Chahat Arora set a national record in the women’s 100-metre breaststroke at the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022 in Melbourne, Australia
- SpiceJet awarded ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi airport: SpiceJet has been awarded the ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi Airport Awards for being the top performer among the self-handling airlines and as it has been able to reduce ground safety violations significantly.
Read Related Article:-
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2023 pdf download
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023
- SSC JE Syllabus 2023
- Daily Current affairs 13 December
- Daily Current affairs 10 and 11 December
- Daily Current affairs 09 December
- Daily Current affairs 08 December