Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 16th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 16th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering the following headlines: SatCom Spectrum, Global Trade Surges to $32 Trillion, G-7 Agrees $15.5B Energy Deal, Historic Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough.
16th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 16th December 2022.
- India To Be First Country To Auction SatCom Spectrum: India will be the first country to auction spectrum for satellite communication, and it should be designed to attract investments in the sector, telecom regulator Trai chairman PD Vaghela said.
- Global Trade Surges to $32 Trillion Record in 2022 Says UN: The value of global trade is set to reach a new record this year, increasing by about 12 per cent to an estimated $32 trillion, according to a UN report that signaled a slowdown heading into 2023.
- US Announces Historic Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough: United States has announced a nuclear fusion breakthrough, a historic step towards the promise of ‘near-limitless’ clean energy and may help the fight to curb climate change.
- Indo-Nepal Joint Training Exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” Begins at Nepal Army Battle School: The 16th Edition of Indo-Nepal joint training Exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XVI” between India and Nepal will be conducted at Nepal Army Battle School, Saljhandi (Nepal), from 16 – 29 December 2022.
- AIIA Inks Agreements with International Institutions for Promoting Ayurveda:In a bid to promote Ayurveda across continents, the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the University of Medical Sciences, Cuba, and extended the agreement with Rosenberg European Academy of Ayurveda (REAA), Germany, for five more years to take forward collaborative programmes.
- Airbnb Signs MoU with Goa Govt to Promote Inclusive Tourism: Airbnb signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Tourism, Government of Goa, to jointly promote Goa as one of the most sought-after high potential tourism destinations in India and around the world.
- UN Ranks ‘Namami Gange’ Project Among World’s top 10 Initiatives: The United Nations has recognised the Namami Gange initiative to rejuvenate India’s sacred River Ganga as one of the top 10 World Restoration Flagships to revive the natural world. The award was received by G Ashok Kumar, Director General, Namami Gange, at the 15th Conference of the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD) in Montreal, Canada.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat to Inaugurate 7th India IWIS:Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has inaugurated the 7th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS 2022) on December 15, 2022 in the presence of Shri Bishweshwar Tudu, Minister of State for Jal Shakti.
- FINA World Swimming Championships 2022: Chahat Arora Sets National Record in 100m Breaststroke: In Swimming, Indian swimmer Chahat Arora set a national record in the women’s 100-metre breaststroke at the FINA World Swimming Championships 2022 in Melbourne, Australia
- SpiceJet awarded ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi airport: SpiceJet has been awarded the ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi Airport Awards for being the top performer among the self-handling airlines and as it has been able to reduce ground safety violations significantly.
Read Related Article:-