Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 30th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 30th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering following headlines: BrahMos Missile, India-assisted Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project Handed Over to Bhutan’s Druk Green Power Corp, Lokayukta Bill, etc.
30th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 30th December 2022.
- India-assisted Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project Handed Over to Bhutan’s Druk Green Power Corp: India-assisted 720 Megawatts Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Power Project has been recently handed to Druk Green Power Corporation (DGPC) in Bhutan. With this project, India and Bhutan have successfully completed four mega hydroelectric power projects. The commissioning of the project has increased Bhutan’s Electrical Power Generation Capacity by 44 percent.
- Maharashtra became the first state in the country to pass the Lokayukta Bill:Maharashtra assembly has passed the Lokayukta Bill 2022, which brings the chief minister and council of ministers under the ambit of the anti-corruption ombudsman. The bill was passed without discussion as the opposition had staged a walkout over the alleged scam in the Teachers Entrance Test. Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis termed the bill a historic legislation. Cabinet Minister Deepak Kesarkar introduced the Bill which has a provision to bring the Chief Minister and the cabinet under the purview of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
- IAF Successfully Tested BrahMos Missile with 400 km Range from Sukhoi Plane:Indian Air Force successfully tested the extended range version of the BrahMos Air Launched Missile against the Ship Target in the Bay of Bengal from the SU-30 MKI fighter jet. The successful testing of the missile was achieved with the joint efforts of the IAF, Indian Navy, Defence Research and Development Organization, BrahMos Aerospace, and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
- Amit Shah Launched “Prahari app” of the Border Security Force in New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the ‘Prahari’ Mobile app and Manual of Border Security Force (BSF) in New Delhi. The Prahari App will enable jawans to access personal information and information related to accommodation, Ayushmann-CAPF, and leaves on their mobile.
- PM Modi’s mother Heeraben dies at 99, PM Modi begin the Cremation rites: Heeraben Modi (Hiraben Modi), mother of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, passed away early on Friday (30 December 2023) in an Ahmedabad hospital. Heeraben was 99.
- ‘Bijli Utsav’ organised by REC in Assam as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav: REC Limited, a Maharatna Company under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India organized ‘Bijli Utsav’ in Anandapur Gaon of Baksa district and adjoining villages in Assam. Numerous dignitaries such as Shri Katiram Boro, Speaker – Bodoland Territorial Council, Dr. Ashraful Amin – Addl. Deputy Commissioner – Baksa, Shri Khagendranath Sarania, Principal – Anandapur Primary School, Shri Nagen Chandra Das, Retd. Principal – Nehru Anchalik High School, Shri Manasjyoti Pathak, AGM (RE) Baksa – Assam Power Distribution Co. Ltd. (APDCL) and officials from REC Regional Office in Guwahati had graced the occasion.
- Brazil World Cup winner and football legend, Pele passes away: Brazilian football legend Edson Arantes do Nascimento, famously called Pelé, has passed away aged 82. He is considered by many as one of the greatest footballers of all time. He was instrumental in Brazil’s three World Cup victories in 1958, 1962, and 1970. He is still the top scorer for Brazil national team with 77 goals in 92 games.
Read Related Article:-