Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 15th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 15th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering the following headlines: Tennis Premier League, KAZIND – 2022, New India Literacy Programme, NavIC, India International Science Festival, Asian Development Bank.
15th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 15th December 2022.
- 20 New Nuclear Power Plants to be Commissioned in the Country by 2031:India plans to commission 20 nuclear power plants by 2031, adding nearly 15,000 MW in power generating capacity, the government told the Lok Sabha. The first of these 20 nuclear power plants, a 700 MW unit, is expected to be commissioned in 2023 at Kakrapar in Gujarat, which already has three atomic power generating units operational.
- Russia Replaces Iraq as Top Oil Supplier to India in November: Russia has for the first time emerged as top oil supplier to India replacing Iraq as refiners last month snapped up oil from Moscow fearing a price cap from Dec. 5 could hit supplies and choke payment avenues.
- Tamil Nadu CM Stalin inaugurated a statue of ‘Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar’: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated the statue of Mahakavi Subramanian Bharathiyar at the renovated house of Bharathiyar at Varanasi via video conference on 11th December
- ADB Keeps India’s GDP Growth Unchanged at 7: The Manila-based Asian Development Bank kept its economic growth outlook for India unchanged at seven percent for fiscal 2022-23. The bank also forecasted a weaker-than-previously expected pace for developing Asia.
- HDFC Bank Partners with Startup India for Parivartan SmartUp Grants: HDFC Bank announced the launch of its sixth annual grants program for social startups in partnership with the Government of India’s flagship initiative ‘Startup India’. Known as Parivartan SmartUp Grants, the program aims to identify startups working in the social impact space and support them through monetary grants to their incubators.
- 8th India International Science Festival 2022 to be held in Bhopal: India International Science Festival (IISF)-2022 will be held in Bhopal in January 2023 and incidentally, it is one of the major events to be held after India took over G-20 Presidency
- ISRO Successfully Completes Hypersonic Vehicle Test Run: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) successfully conducted a joint hypersonic vehicle trial along with the Headquarters, Integrated Defense Staff (HQ IDS). According to the country’s premier space research agency, the joint hypersonic vehicle trial matched with the predetermined targets.
- Govt Allocates Rs 1037.90 Crore to New India Literacy Programme for Next 5 Years: The Ministry of Education (MoE) approved a new scheme “New India Literacy Programme” for the next five years to cover all the aspects of adult education to align with new National Education Policy (NEP)
- India-Kazakhstan joint military exercise “KAZIND – 2022” begins in Umroi, Meghalaya: The 6th Edition of Indo – Kazakhstan joint training exercise “KAZIND-22” is conducted at Umroi (Meghalaya) from 15 to 28 December 2022.
- SpiceJet awarded ‘Safety Performer of the Year award by GMR Delhi airport: SpiceJet has been awarded the ‘Safety Performer of the Year’ award by GMR Delhi Airport Awards for being the top performer among the self-handling airlines and as it has been able to reduce ground safety violations significantly.
Read Related Article:-