Current Affairs- 29th November 2022
Today’s important events are The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Assembly, the Ministry of Coal will organize an investor conclave in Mumbai, India’s economic growth to 7% for FY23, Star Out Patient Care Insurance Policy, Hawaii’s Mauna Loa erupts, Reserve Bank of India imposes penalties on three cooperative banks, ISRO unveils first privately designed and operated rocket launch pad, etc.
29th November 2022, Current Affairs
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 29th November 2022.
The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People- 29th November 2022:
- The International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed on November 29 every year.
- It is a day to inform the public about the issues related to Palestine.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared November 29 as International Day for Solidarity with Palestinian people in the year 1977.
- It adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine on May 14, 1948.
2. Anurag Thakur inaugurates Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Assembly:
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the 59th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) General Assembly and Associated Meeting 2022 in New Delhi on 29 November 2022.
- The ABU is a nonprofit, professional association of the broadcasting organizations of Asia and the pacific region
3. Ministry of Coal will organize an investor conclave in Mumbai on 1 December:
To boost bidder participation in the commercial auction of coal mines, Ministry of Coal is organizing an investor conclave on 1 Dec’22 in Mumbai
4. Standard & Poor’s (S & P) cuts India’s economic growth to 7% for FY23:
S&P Global Ratings lowered India’s economic growth forecast for the current fiscal year to 7 percent in November 2022, down from the 7.3 percent it projected in September
5. Star Health launches Star Out Patient Care Insurance Policy:
- Star Health and Allied Insurance, a standalone health insurance company, announced the launch of the Star out Patient Care Insurance Policy on 29 November 2022.
- It aims at providing complete health and wellness benefits to customers at an affordable cost.
6) Hawaii’s Mauna Loa erupts for the first time in nearly 40 years:
- The world’s largest active volcano, Hawaii’s Mauna Loa, is erupting for the first time in almost 40 years.
- The volcano’s alert level has been upgraded from an “advisory” to a “warning”, the highest classification
7) Reserve Bank of India imposes penalties on three cooperative banks:
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed penalties on three cooperative banks on 28 November 22.
- The central bank imposed penalty on Zoroastrian Co-operative Bank, Indian Mercantile Co-operative Bank, Lucknow, and Bharat Co-operative Bank, Mumbai.
- It imposed a penalty of ₹1.25 crore on Zoroastrian Co-operative Bank.
- The central bank also imposed penalties on 5 other cooperative banks
8) ISRO unveils first privately designed and operated rocket launch pad:
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) unveiled the first privately designed and operated rocket launch pad and mission control center in India on 28 November 2022.
- The facility was unveiled by S. Somanath, Chairman of ISRO and Secretary Department of Space (DoS).
- It is designed and will be fully operated by homegrown space startup Agnikul Cosmos.
9) Health Ministry bags award at 41st India International Trade Fair 2022:
- The pavilion of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been awarded for “Outstanding Contribution towards Public Communication and Outreach” at the 41st India International Trade Fair 2022.
- As many as 37,887 screenings, investigations, counseling, and training were conducted at the pavilion.
- Blood pressure and blood sugar had the highest number of screenings at 4990 and 4356, respectively.
10) President Draupadi Murmu on a two-day visit to Haryana:
- She will attend various programs including International Gita Festival -2022.
- She will virtually inaugurate 3 big projects of Haryana including an e-ticketing system in Haryana transport, Nirogi Haryana Scheme, and lay the foundation stone of Sirsa medical college to be built at a cost of 950 crore rupees.
11) Om Birla gives away prizes to winners of Hindi Pakhwada’22:
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla gave away prizes to winners of Hindi Pakhwada – 2022 on 28 November 2022.
- The programme was organized by Lok Sabha Secretariat in the Parliament House Complex.