Current Affairs- 30th November 2022
Daily Current Affairs: 30th November 2022. Today’s important events are Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare, India’s First Retail Municipal Green Bond for Solar Plant, Uttarakhand Government appoints Prasoon Joshi as its Brand Ambassador, RBI to Launch a Pilot Project, Vistara to Merge With Air India, Scheme for Procurement of Aggregate Power of 4500 MW, ‘Carbon Capture to Achieve Net Zero Emission Target’, Vaccine iNCOVACC gets Approved by DCGI, Monkeypox Disease Name Changed to Mpox, etc.
30th November 2022, Current Affairs
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 30th November 2022.
- Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare: 30 November: Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is commemorated on November 30 every year. This internationally marked day was adopted by the United Nations to remember the victims of chemical warfare. The day aims to encourage efforts for eliminating the use of chemical weapons and remember those who have suffered because of such warfare.
- Indore Plans India’s First Retail Municipal Green Bond for Solar Plant:
- Indore with a strong environmental record is planning to issue the nation’s first local government bond targeting individual investors, with proceeds used to fund a solar power project. Indore Municipal Corp.
- Seeks to raise as much as 6 billion rupees ($31.8 million)via a 10-year bond sale next month, according to Divyank Singh, chief executive officer of Indore Smart City, who is working with various stakeholders to finalize the offering.
3. Uttarakhand Government appoints Prasoon Joshi as its Brand Ambassador: CEO & CCO of McCann World group India, Prasoon Joshi has been appointed by Uttarakhand Government as the state’s brand ambassador. Padma Shri awardee Prasoon Joshi is currently the Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (Censor Board). He is a famous and highly awarded member of the Indian advertising and media fraternity
4. RBI to Launch a Pilot Project on Retail Digital Rupee on 1 December 2022:
- The reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced a trial for retail digital rupee (e ₹-R) beginning 1 December, with four banks in as many cities participating in the pilot program, a month after testing the wholesale central bank digital currency (CBDC).
- RBI said the pilot would cover select locations in a closed user group (CUG)comprising participating customers and merchants. While it has identified eight banks for gradual participation in the pilot, the first phase will begin with four: State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank and IDFC First Bank.
5. Vistara to Merge With Air India by 2024:
- Singapore Airlines (SIA) and Tata Sonsannounced that they have agreed to merge Air India and Vistara, with SIA getting a 25.1 per cent stake in the merged entity at an investment of Rs 2,058.5 crore ($250 million) in Air India as part of the transaction.
- The 25.1 per cent stake will be in an enlarged Air India group – it will have Air India, Vistara, AirAsia India and Air India Express – and the merger of all airlines is targeted for completion by March 2024, subject to regulatory approvals. The group is already in the process of merging Air India Express and Air Asia India into one entity that will provide low-cost flight options.
6. Ministry of Power Launches Scheme for Procurement of Aggregate Power of 4500 MW for 5 Years: Ministry of Power has launched a scheme for procurement of aggregate power of 4500 MW for five years under SHAKTI Policy. The Ministry said that the scheme will help states that are facing power shortage and help generation plants to increase their capacities.
7. NITI Aayog Releases Study Report on ‘Carbon Capture to Achieve Net Zero Emission Target’ by 2070:
- A study report, titled ‘Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage Policy Framework and its Deployment Mechanism in India’, was released.
- The report explores the importance of Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage an emission reduction strategy to achieve deep decarbonization from the hard-to-abate sectors. The report outlines broad-level policy interventions needed across various sectors for its application.
8. World’s first Intranasal vaccine iNCOVACC gets Approved by DCGI: Bharat Biotech International Limited(BBIL) announced that iNCOVACC (BBV154), has received approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) under Restricted Use in Emergency Situations for ages 18 and above, in India, for heterologous booster doses.
9. Monkeypox Disease Name Changed to Mpox by WHO: The World Health Organization has changed the name of the disease Monkeypox to Mpox, as they receive complaints about the word Monkeypox conjuring up racist tropes and stigmatizing patients. The recommendation follows outbreaks that began about six months ago in Europe and the United States.
10. NASA Sets New Space Flight Record with Artemis 1 Orion Capsule: NASA’s Artemis 1 Orion Capsule has set a new space flight record for spacecraft designed to carry humans by traveling 4,01,798 kilometers from Earth. The record was previously held by Apollo 13 which logged the record on 14th April 1970 by traveling 400,171 kilometers.
11. Merriam-Webster announced ‘Gaslighting’ as its Word of the Year 2022: The US dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster announced that their 2022 word of the year is “gaslighting” or as Merriam-Webster defines it, “the act or practice of grossly misleading someone especially for one’s own advantage.”
12. FSSAI approved Yak as a ‘food animal’: The Himalayan Yak has been approved as a ‘food animal’ by the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI). The move is expected to help slow the decline of the high-altitude bovine animal population by incorporating it into the conventional milk and meat industries, according to an official at the National Research Centre (NRC) on Yak in Dirang, West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh. The ‘food animal’ tag will become official once it is notified in the gazette following approval by a competent authority.
Gs Score Current Affairs Download:-