BPSC Syllabus 2023 , BPSC Prelims & Mains Exam Syllabus Free PDF Download,
68th BPSC Syllabus PDF Download : Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is the reputed authority of the State level Civil Services Exam (CSE) conducted for recruitment to various services such as Rural Development Officer, Sub-divisional Officer, Deputy Collector, Revenue Officer, and Food and Supply Officer Etc.
The BPSC Syllabus is set by the Bihar Public Service Commission. The commission is constitutionally incorporated to assist the Bihar State Government in matters of recruitment, transfer and disciplinary matters of public service in the state.
BPSC Syllabus 2023 & Exam Pattern :-
BPSC conducts the Combined Competitive BPSC Examination in three stages like the other State Selection Commission and UPSC. Check the stages below:-
- Prelims – One Objective type paper for 150 Marks
- Mains- Four descriptive Papers (1 Qualifying+3 merit ranking) for 900 marks
- Interview (Personality Test)- 120 Marks
In this article, Aspirants can check the detailed and updated BPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus for the 65th, 66th,67th & 68th Combined Competitive Examination.
BPSC Exam Stages 2023 :-
Check the BPSC Exam Stages in detailed manner given below:
|Type of Exam||Objective||Subjective||Physically Present|
|Total Marks||150 Marks||900 Marks (300 marks each)||120 Marks|
|Duration of the Exam||2 hours||3 hours each paper||Not defined|
Aspirants have to clear each stage in order to be eligible for the next stage, if aspirants clear the prelims, they can give the mains, clearing which they would be summoned for the final stage i.e., interview of the BPSC CCE Exam.
BPSC 2023 Prelims Exam Pattern
The Prelims Exam is the screening stage before the BPSC Mains. The marks in Prelims will not be taken into consideration for the final merit list.
BPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
|Name of the Exam||Combined Competitive Exam(CSE)|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)|
|Number of Papers||1- General Studies|
|Total Marks||150 Marks|
|Duration of the Exam||2 hours|
Important Points to remark about the BPSC Prelims Syllabus:
- Marks of paper are considered for qualifying aspirants for the mains exam.
- There is no negative marking in BPSC Prelims exam.
- BPSC Prelims is screening in nature.
- Candidates need to score minimum marks as decided by the commission to qualify for the mains exam.
- All the questions are set in English and Hindi except for those questions which are meant to test the aspirant’s knowledge of English.
BPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023 :-
BPSC Prelims Syllabus covers the aspects of General Science, Polity, Economy, History and the National Movement. Here is the detailed BPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus.
- General Science(General understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience). The questions on Science and Tech will be such that they do not require subject specialization.
- Current Affairs of National/International importance
- History of India and Bihar(General understanding of the subject with the broad aspects of the history of Bihar)
- Geography of India and Bihar(Questions will relate to the physical, social and economic geography of the country including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources)
- General geography and geographical division of Biharand its major river systems
- Indian polity(Questions will test knowledge on the country’s political system, Panchayati raj, community development and planning in India and Bihar)
- Indian economy and economy of Biharpost-independence
- Indian Movements and Contribution of Bihar in it(Question will relate to the nature and character of the 19th century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence with special reference to Bihar)
- Under Indian Economy and Polity, the questions will cover the following topics:
- Indian Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development
- Planning in India and Bihar
- Under Indian National Movement, candidates have to focus on the resurgence in the 19th century, nature and growth of nationalism in India, and India’s independence. Also, the role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement is important from the BPSC exam point of view
- Questions based on General Mental Ability
BPSC 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
The BPSC Mains Exam has a qualifying paper General Hindi. Apart from this, there will be General Studies Paper -1 and General Studies Paper- 2 of carrying 300 marks each.
There will be an Optional Paper that the aspirants have to choose earlier while filling the Application Form. The Optional Paper carries 300 marks.
|Stage of Exam||Name of Paper||Total Marks||Duration|
v General Hindi – Qualifying paper
|100 Marks||3 hours|
|v General Studies Paper- 1||300 Marks||3 hours|
|v General Studies Paper-2||300 Marks||3 hours|
|v Optional Paper||300 Marks||3 hours|
Important Points BPSC Exam 2023 :
- General Hindi Paper is qualifying in nature (30 % Marks required), its marks will not be considered in the calculation of merit list.
- Questions of General Studies are available in Hindi and English both.
- The score will be arrived at by considering the total of 900 marks in GS Paper 1, GS Paper 2 and Optional Paper.
- The candidates who are placed suitably in the merit are called for the interview.
- There is no negative marking in the descriptive question papers.
- Candidates need to attempt all the papers to qualify for the Interview round.
- This round is both scoring and qualifying in nature.
Read Test Series :-
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 ALL INDIA OPEN MOCK- TEST 01 PDF Free Download
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 PRELIMS TEST SERIES & TEST 02 PDF Free Download
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 PRELIMS TEST SERIES & TEST 03 PDF Free Download
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 PRELIMS TEST SERIES & TEST 04 PDF Free Download
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 ALL INDIA OPEN MOCK- TEST 05 PDF Free Download
BPSC Mains Syllabus
The BPSC mains syllabus for all 4 papers is discussed below.
Qualifying Paper: General Hindi :
The paper of General Hindi will be qualifying in nature. The syllabus for the qualifying paper is of the level as that of Bihar School Education Board (BSEB). The paper will be of 100 marks and subjective in nature; and the distribution of the marks is as follows:
- Essay: 30 Marks
- Grammar: 30 Marks
- Syntax: 25 Marks
- Summarization: 15 Marks
Out of the 100 marks, candidates are required to secure the qualifying marks in the paper. For this qualifying paper, a good book of school standard is enough.
General Studies Papers :-
The BPSC Prelims Exam and the General Hindi paper are just qualifying in nature. These papers’ marks do not include in the merit lists. The actual BPSC exam starts now with the General Studies Papers and the Optional Paper.
There are two Papers for the General Studies and one for the Optional. Each Paper carries 300 marks making the total marks from all these papers to be 900.
|General Studies Paper-1||General Studies Paper-2
|1. Indian Culture
2. Modern History of India
3. Contemporary events of national and international importance
4. Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs
|1. Indian and Bihar Polity
2. Indian and Bihar Economy
3. Indian and Bihar Geography
4. Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
BPSC 2023 Syllabus of GS Paper 1
Modern History of India and Indian culture (History of the country with special reference to Bihar in the middle of 19th century, the introduction and expansion of western and technical education, Bihar’s role in the Indian freedom struggle, the Santhal Uprising in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, the Quit India Movement, chief features of Mauryan and Pal art, Patna Qulam painting, Roles of Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru)
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- Santhal uprising
- 1857 war of independence
- Champaran Satyagraha
- Quit India Movement 1942
Statistical analysis graphs and diagrams (Questions to test the ability to draw conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatical information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies)
BPSC Syllabus 2023 GS Paper 2
- Indian Polity (Questions based on the political system in India including Bihar)
- Indian economy and Geography of India (Questions on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar)
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India (Questions to test awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar with special reference to applied science BPSC Syllabus 2023
BPSC Optional Subjects
In BPSC Mains, candidates have to select one optional subject out of 34 subjects. There will be only one optional subject exam for 300 marks and the questions will be of Honors Level (3-year course in Patna University). The choices are given below and the syllabus for optional subjects can be viewed in the BPSC Syllabus PDF Download.
The list of the 34 Optional Subjects has been given below:
- English Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Persian Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Pali Language and Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
- Bangla Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Labor and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
BPSC Interview Details 2023
Candidates who had qualified for the BPSC Mains Exam would be called for the ‘Interview’ Round. Candidates are interviewed by a Board appointed by the Commission. The main fields checked by the interviewer are given below.
- The candidate will be interviewed by a board that will have before them a record of the candidate’s career and interests filled by the candidate in the Application Form.
- The objective of the interview is to check the personal suitability of the candidate for the career in the state services by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
- In the personality test, apart from their academic study, candidates must be aware of the affairs happening both within and outside their state.
- The interview is more of a purpose conversation intended to explore the mental qualities and analytical ability of the candidate.
Read Related Article :-