Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 7th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 7th December 2022. Today’s important events are Flag Day of India, International Civil Aviation Day, ‘51st Maitiri Diwas’, Presidency of G20, SCO, UNSC in 2022, RBI Monetary Policy 2022, World Economy Seems Headed for a Recession, US Unveils Its Newest Nuclear Stealth Bomber, SIPRI: HAL and BEL in the top 100 defense, India to Become 8th Largest Advertising Market, India Hosts Conclave of NSAs of Central Asian Countries, Google Launches Anti-Misinformation Campaign in India.
7th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 7th December 2022.
- Flag day of India: Flag Day of India – also known as The Armed Forces Flag Day is commemorated through the collection of funds by the distribution of flags. Indian citizens express their gratitude to both veteran and current military personnel of the country and pay homage to those who died in service. This annual tradition started in 1949 on 28 August; the then Defense Minister of India set up a committee to observe a Flag Day every year on December 7. The general idea behind this was the collection of funds from people by distributing flags.
- International Civil Aviation Day: On December 7, International Civil Aviation Day is observed globally. The aviation industry has made a huge impact on our lives. The day is observed by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a United Nations (UN) body responsible for maintaining international standards for aviation safety.
- ‘51st Maitiri Diwas’: The 51st anniversary of ‘Maitri Diwas’ marking the recognition granted to Bangladesh by India in 1971 was celebrated in Dhaka on 6th December. Liberation war fighters, Parliamentarians, members from civil society, media, dignitaries, and other prominent people took part in the event organised by the High Commission of Indiain Dhaka.
- Presidency of G20, SCO, UNSC in 2022: A Historic Opportunity For India: December of 2022 began withIndia assuming the presidency of two global bodies — G20 on the first day of the month and UNSC on the second and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in 2023 when major powers are not even talking to each other and India alone, now the fifth largest economy, is interacting with each of them, presents a historic opportunity.
- RBI Monetary Policy 2022: RBI Repo Rate Hike by 35 bps to 6.25%: The decision of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Dasheaded six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) has been announced. In the consecutive fifth hike this year, the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee has raised the repo rate by 35 basis points (bps) to 6.25 per centwith immediate effect, making loans expensive. The policy rate is now at the highest level since August 2018. The RBI has maintained policy stance at ‘withdrawal of accommodation’.
- World Economy Seems Headed For A Recession, Compounded With Inflation: The global economyseems headed for a severe recession and parallels are being drawn with the global financial crisis of 2008 and the slowdown brought about in 2020 by the Covid-19 pandemic. A lot of hope that any serious setback can be averted rests on a high degree of fine tuning of policy which may be difficult to deliver.
- US Unveils Its Newest Nuclear Stealth Bomber: The United States has unveiled its latest high-tech strategic bomber – the B-21 Raider – which is capable of carrying a nuclear payload and can be flown without a crew on board. The next-generation stealth bomber was rolled out at arm’s manufacturer Northrop Grumman’s facility in California. The US Air Force plans to buy at least 100 of the B-21 aircraft, which comes with a $700m price tag per plane.
- SIPRI: HAL and BEL in the top 100 defense companies list: The government’s Make-in-India push in indigenous defense production seems to be bearing positive results as the two Indian Defense Public Sector Undertakings, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), have improved upon their previous rankings among the arms producing companies of the world.
- India to Become 8th Largest Advertising Market in 2023: According to GroupM’s global end-of-year forecast, India is expected to surpass Brazil to become the eighth-largest advertising market in 2023. In ‘This Year, Next Year 2022’, GroupM has ranked India as the ninth-largest advertising market globally.
- India Hosts Conclave of NSAs of Central Asian Countries: This is the first time India is hosting a conclave of top security officials from Central Asian countries including Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan focusing on the evolving security situation in Afghanistan and ways to deal with the threat of terrorism emanating from that country.
- Google Launches Anti-Misinformation Campaign in India: Google’s Jigsaw subsidiary is launching a new anti-misinformation project in India, aimed at preventing misleading information that has been blamed for inciting violence. The initiative will use “prebunking” videos– designed to counter false claims before they become widespread – circulated on the company’s YouTube platform and other social media sites. Google’s efforts to challenge the spread of misinformation mark a contrast with rival Twitter which is cutting its trust and safety teams, despite new owner Elon Musk saying it will not become a “free-for-all hellscape”.
Read Related Article:-