Daily Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 4th and 5th December 2022:
Today’s important events are International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development, International Day of Banks, Navy Day, World Soil Day, India’s First Debt Collection Innovation Lab, new NCBC chairperson, Framework for Indian Banks’ Foreign Biz, Bandhan Mutual Fund, New Nifty Bharat Bond Index, India’s First Passive Tax-Saving Fund, Kheyti won Earthshot Prize 2022, Global Water Resources Report 2021, Global Aviation Safety Rankings 2022, Rudrankksh Patil Clinches ISSF President’s Cup.
04th and 5th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 4th & 5th December 2022.
- International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development:International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development is observed on December 5 ever year. The day is also referred to as International Volunteer Day (IVD) to recognize and promote the tireless work, not just of UN Volunteers, but of volunteers across the globe.
- International Day of Banks: International Day of Banks is celebrated on December 4 to recognize the importance of multilateral and international development banks in financing sustainable developments. United Nations also observes the day in recognition of the vital role of banking systems in Member State in contributing to the improvement of the standard of living.
- Navy Day: Navy Day in India is celebrated anally on 4th December to commemorate Operation Trident, which was the attack on the Karachi harbor during the Indo-Pakistan war (on 4 December 1971) by the Indian Naval Missile boats as well in to reverence all the martyrs of that war.
- World Soil Day: World Soil Day is held annually on 5th December as a means to focus attention on the importance of healthy soil and to advocate for the sustainable management of soil resources.
- Spocto Introduces India’s First Debt Collection Innovation Lab: The world’s leadingfull-stack debt support and risk mitigation platform has inaugurated India’s first Innovation Lab (SIL) dedicated to the debt collection segment of banking industries in India and the Middle East.
- Hansraj Gangaram Ahir named as the new NCBC chairperson: Former Union Minister Hansraj Gangaram Ahirhas assumed charge as Chairperson of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC). He is an Agriculturist by profession, read a statement from the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Reserve Bank of India Issues Framework for Indian Banks’ Foreign Biz: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)has put in place a framework to allow overseas subsidiaries and branches of Indian banks and financial institutions to undertake activities not specifically permitted in the Indian domestic market.
- IDFC Mutual Fund to be Renamed Bandhan Mutual Fund: IDFC Asset Management Company Limited (AMC), one of the top 10 AMCsin the country, has received regulatory clearances from regulators for its proposed change in ownership.
- NSE Launches New Nifty Bharat Bond Index: The National Stock Exchange’ssubsidiary NSE Indices has said it has launched one more index under the Nifty Bharat Bond Index series. The Bharat Bond Index series follows a target maturity date structure wherein each index in the series measures the performance of a portfolio of ‘AAA-rated bonds issued by government-owned entities maturing in a specific year.
- IIFL Launches India’s First Passive Tax-Saving Fund: IIFL Mutual Fundhas launched India’s first passive tax saver fund, almost six months after the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) introduced the passive alternative in the Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) space.
- India’s Greenhouse-in-a-Box startup Kheyti won Earthshot Prize 2022: India’s Greenhouse-in-a-box was among the five winners announced by the Prince of Wales, Prince William, in Boston, United States. It is a sustainable solution for small-scale farmers developed by an Indian startup, Kheyti, in Telangana which has won one million pounds ($1.2 million).
- List of countries at risk of mass killings: India ranked 8th: As per the recent report by the US think tank Early Warning Project, India is ranked 8th among the countries that are at the highest risk for mass killing in 2022 and 2023. India has seen a drop in rank from second position in the earlier year.
- Global Water Resources Report 2021 Released by WMO: WMO (World Meteorological Organization) has released its first annual State of Global Water Resources Report 2021. The aim of this annual report is to support monitoring and management of global freshwater resourcesin an era of growing demand and limited supplies.
- India ranked 48th in Global Aviation Safety Rankings 2022: According to DGCA officials, India has jumped to the 48th position in the global aviation safety ranking by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Shooter Rudrankksh Patil Clinches ISSF President’s Cup in Egypt: Indian shooter Rudrankksh Patilhas clinched the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) President’s Cup held in Cairo, Egypt. He defeated Italy’s Danilo Sollazzo in the 10-metre rifle play-off by 16-8. Athletes from 42 nations representing 43 ISSF Member Federations from all continents are taking part in this competition, which is being held since November 28.
Read Related Article:-