Current Affairs- 16th November 2022
- India ranks eighth on Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI); leaving the first three places empty, the report puts Denmark in 4th place, followed by Sweden and Chile.
- Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) announces winners of the Infosys Prize 2022 in six categories: Engineering and Computer Science, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences
- Morbi bridge collapse: Why operation & maintenance contract given without floating tender, asks Gujarat High Court
- On the occasion of Janjatiya Gaurav Divas, President of India Smt. Droupadi Murmu pays tributes to Birsa Munda at Ulihatu.
- Mega military exercise ‘Sea Vigil’ covering 7,516 km of India’s coastline being held on November 15th -16th Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan meets his Finnish counterpart Petri Honkonen in New Delhi
- Statehood Day of Jharkhand celebrated; state carved out of Bihar on 15th November 2000
- Veteran Telugu actor Krishna Garu dies in Hyderabad at 80
- India and Sweden’s host Lead IT (Leadership for Industry Transition) Summit, on the sidelines of COP27 in “Sharm El Sheikh” in Egypt
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Department of Financial Services Secretary Vivek Joshi was nominated as a director on the Reserve Bank of India’s central board
- 9 Russian banks open Vostro accounts for trade in Rupee after RBI approval
- Annual G20 Summit being held in Bali, Indonesia on November 5th to 16th , theme: ‘Recover Together, Recover Stronger’
- UN General Assembly passes resolution calling for Russian reparations to Ukraine; India abstains from voting on the non-binding resolution
- Day of Eight Billion observed by the United Nations on 15th November