Current Affairs- 27th and 28th November 2022
Today’s important events are OCEANSAT-3 Earth Observation Satellite(EOS) launched by ISRO, Industries urges government to establish Rare Earth Mission to reduce dependence on China, Four initiatives launched under e-court project, India Taking steps for development of small Modular reactors(SMR) and UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation
27th and 28th November 2022, Current Affairs
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 27th and 28th of November 2022.
OCEANSAT-3 Earth Observation Satellite(EOS) launched by ISRO:
- OCEANSAT-3 Earth Observation Satellite(EOS) launched by ISRO: PSLV-C54 rocket successfully placed Oceansat-3 and eight other nanosatellites into sun-synchronous orbits (SSO). Satellites in SSO or polar orbits usually travel past Earth from north to south passing roughly over Earth’s poles. Oceansat-3 is a third-generation satellite in OceanSat series, designed and developed for ocean studies. It is follow-up to OceanSat-1 and OceanSat-2 launched in 1999 and 2009, respectively.
- Industries urge the government to establish Rare Earth Mission to reduce dependence on China: The Confederation of Indian Industry has suggested the following steps to build domestic capability and broad-base supply for strategic raw materials: Splitting state-run Indian Rare Earths Ltd. and tasking a new entity with overseeing mining, production of non-Thorium minerals. Set up an ‘India Rare Earths Mission’. Support private-sector mining in the critical sector. Diversify sources of supply. Rare Earth Elements (REE) are a set of seventeen metallic elements – fifteen lanthanides on the periodic table plus scandium and yttrium. They are necessary components for critical sectors, like, cellular telephones, computer hard drives, electric vehicles, defense applications like guidance systems, lasers, etc. India produces only 1% of global output despite having around 6% of the world’s reserves.
- Four initiatives launched under the e-court project:Virtual Justice Clock: Exhibits vital statistics at the Court level giving the details of the cases instituted, cases disposed, and pendency.Justis Mobile App 2.0: Tool for judicial officers for effective court and case management by monitoring pendency and disposal of cases.
Digital court: Initiative to make court records available to judges in digitized form to enable the transition to Paperless Courts.
S3WaaS Websites: To generate, configure, deploy and manage websites for publishing specified information and services related to district judiciary.
- India Taking steps for the development of small Modular reactors(SMR): Union minister emphasized: Technology sharing and availability of funding as two crucial links to ensure the commercial availability of SMR technology. Exploration of the private sector and Startups participation in the development of SMR technology within India. SMRs are advanced nuclear reactors with a power capacity of up to 300 MW(e) per unit. SMRs are Small- physically a fraction of the size of a conventional nuclear power reactor. Modular- making it possible for systems and components to be factory-assembled and transported as a unit to a location for installation. Reactors- harnessing nuclear fission to generate heat to produce energy.
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation: Since 2000, the awards have been recognizing the efforts of private individuals and organizations in restoring, conserving, and transforming structures/buildings of heritage value. Indian projects that received awards: Domakonda Fort, Telangana (Private property built in 18th century with an amalgam of styles including stucco work, arched pillars, etc). Stepwells of Golconda, Hyderabad (17th-century stepwells inside the Qutb Shahi tombs complex). Byculla Station, Mumbai. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Museum, Mumbai.
Gs Score Current Affairs Download:-