Daily Current Affairs: 26 November 2022
Today’s important event. Constitution Day of India, National Milk Day, ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’, A sticker-based debit card, called FIRSTAP, IIT Delhi Ranks in the top 50, Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22, Rupee-Dirham Trade Prospects, Government Job Guarantee Scheme, Railways Plans to Export Vande Bharat Trains by 2025-26, India Wins the Vice Presidency of International Electro-technical Commission.
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 26th November 2022.
Constitution Day of India:
- Constitution Day of India: Constitution Day is celebrated on 26th November every year in India to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. The constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26th November 1949, and it came into effect on 26th January 1950.
- National Milk Day: National Milk Day is celebrated on 26th November every year to signify the importance and benefits of milk. Milk day is a special day that is observed to spread awareness among people about the importance and need for milk.
- Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’: The book is an attempt to showcase the democratic ethos ingrained in India since the dawn of civilization. It is shown in this book that since the dawn of civilization, India has been imbued with democratic ethos.
- IDFC First Bank has introduced a sticker-based debit card, called FIRSTAP: The FIRSTAP is launched to facilitate transactions by simply tapping the sticker on a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled point-of-sale terminal.
- IIT Delhi Ranks in the top 50 of Times Higher Education Employability Rankings:(IIT), Delhi has been placed at the 28th position in the Top 50 of Times Higher Education Global Employability University Ranking and Survey (GEURS). IIT Delhi is the only Indian institute to rank in the top 50. The varsity was ranked 27th last year.
- Thirty-Nine Schools were Awarded Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar for 2021-22:
- Out of 39 schools 17 are elementary and 22 are secondary/higher secondary
- 34 schools have been awarded a cash prize of ₹60,000and ₹20,000 were awarded in the sub-categories.
7. India Wins the Vice Presidency of International Electro-technical Commission: By securing over 90% of the votes cast by full members of the International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) during its General Meeting held recently in San Francisco, USA, India’s representative, a member of the Indian National Committee of the International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) and various technical committees of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS-India), was elected.
8. The central banks of India and UAE discuss Rupee-Dirham Trade Prospects:The objective of the exercise is to reduce the cost of transactions. India and the UAE had already signed a free trade agreement (FTA) in February to give a fillip to bilateral trade and economic ties.
9. India Forms Panel to Revamp Only Government Job Guarantee Scheme: The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, or MNREGA, was in high demand in India’s rural areas as they emerged from the pandemic amid soaring inflation and limited non-farm job opportunities.
10.Railways Plans to Export Vande Bharat Trains by 2025-26: The railways are looking at becoming a major exporter of Vande Bharat trains by 2025-26 to markets in Europe, South America, and East Asia, a senior official said, adding that the latest version of the indigenous trains with sleeper coaches will be operational by the first quarter of 2024.
Gs Score Current Affairs Download:-