KVS Stenographer Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has issued the detailed KVS Stenographer Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 for the candidates appearing in the KVS Stenographer Exam. Candidates who want to appear in the KVS Stenographer recruitment exam can go through the KVS Stenographer Exam Pattern and Syllabus given below to ace their preparation. The syllabus and exam pattern can be used to create study strategies and prepare for the KVS Stenographer Exam. Following are the key highlights of the KVS Stenographer Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
- As per the KVS Stenographer Exam Pattern, Selection for the post of Stenographer shall be based on the written exam, shorthand, and typing test, and then candidates will have to go through the Computer Proficiency Test.
- The written examination will be conducted for 120 marks.
- Candidates will get 120 minutes as a total time duration.
KVS Stenographer Syllabus 2023
Candidates should go over the KVS Stenographer Syllabus to ensure they understand all of the exam’s essential topics.
|KVS PGT Part I Syllabus 2023|
|General English||Pronouns, Adverbs, Articles, Narration, Adjective, Verb, Prepositions, Idioms & phrases, Antonym & Synonyms, Vocabulary, etc.|
|General Hindi||संज्ञा एवं संज्ञा के भेद, सर्वनाम एवं सर्वनाम के भेद, भाषा, लंकार, सन्धि, तत्सम, तद्भव, देशज एवं विदेशी शब्द, विशेषण एवं विशेषण के भेद, क्रिया एवं क्रिया के भेद, वचन, लिंग, उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय, समानार्थी शब्द, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ|
|KVS PGT Part II Syllabus 2023|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Awards, Books & their authors, Sports, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, History- Ancient, Medieval & Modern, Geography, Current Affairs, Polity, Economics, Indian Art & Culture, etc.|
|Reasoning Ability||Logical Reasoning, Verbal and non-verbal types, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, analogies, similarities, Directions, Coding-decoding, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Mirror Image, Order and Ranking, and more.|
|Computer Literacy||Characteristics of Computers, Computer Software-Relationship between Hardware and Software, Computer Organization including RAM, ROM, File System, Application of information technology in Government for EGovernance, mobile/Smartphone’s, Information Kiosks, input Devices, Operating System, MS-Office (exposure of Word, Excel/spreadsheet, Power point), Information Technology and Society-Indian IT Act, Digital Signatures,|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Percentages, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportions, Simple and Compound Interest, Number System, Time and Work, Averages, Time and Distance|
KVS Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
The KVS Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022 is extremely helpful to all candidates taking the KVS Stenographer exam. Applicants can get a glimpse of the types of questions presented in the test in addition to the overall marks accorded by glancing at the table below. Furthermore, by adhering to this KVS Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022, applicants will be able to achieve the highest possible score in the exam. It will also aid in the construction of an exam schedule, saving time. So, have a look at the table below and collect all of the information.
- The test will be objective and multiple-choice.
- The written exam is worth 120 points and consists of 120 multiple-choice questions, with each question worth One mark.
- The written examination will last 120 minutes (2 hours).
|Test||Subjects||Number of Question||Total Marks||Time|
|Part – I||Proficiency of Languages|
|General English||25||50||120 minutes|
|Part – II||General awareness & Computer Literacy|
- The candidates who qualify for the written test will be eligible for the skill test.
- Candidates must pass a shorthand and typing exam.
- No interviews will be held for the position of Stenographer Grade II.
- Candidates who will qualify for the skill test will have to then appear for Computer Proficiency Test.
|KVS Stenographer Skill Test|
|Shorthand Test Dictation 10 minutes @ 80 w.p.m
50 minutes for English, 65 minutes for Hindi on the Computer
|Typing Test only on the computer
Net typing speed, English – 40 w.p.m. or Hindi – 35 w.p.m
|Computer Proficiency Test MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, and Internet||100 Marks|