KVS Primary Teacher Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2023
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has issued online written test syllabus and exam pattern for the recruitment post of Primary Teachers (PRT) for the year 2023-24. The recruitment examination will be conducted through Computer Based Test (CBT).
KVS Primary Teacher Exam Pattern 2023
The written test is of 180 marks (180 objective type multiple choice questions) carrying 01 mark for each question. The duration of written test will be 180 minutes without any time limit for each part individually.
Part I – Proficiency in Languages (20 marks) :
- General English – 10 questions
- General Hindi – 10 questions
Part II — General Awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers (20 marks)
- General Awareness & Current Affairs (10 ques.)
- Reasoning Ability (5 ques.)
- Computer Literary (5 ques.)
Part-Ill: Perspectives on Education and Leadership (60 questions)
- Understanding the Learner – (15 questions)
- Understanding Teaching Learning – (15 questions)
- Creating Conducive Learning Environment – (10 questions)
- School Organization and Leadership – (10 questions)
- Perspectives in Education – (10 questions)
Part IV – Subject-specific Syllabus (80 marks)
Professional Competency Test :
The Professional Competency Test is of 60 marks (Demo Teaching – 30 marks and Interview – 30 Marks).
Note: The weightage of Written Test & Professional Competency ( Demo Teaching: 15 and Interview: 15 will be 70:30 Final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidate in Written Test & Professional Competency Test taken together.
KVS Primary Teacher Syllabus 2023
Part I – Proficiency in Languages (20 marks) :
- General English – (10 Questions): Reading comprehension, word power, Grammar & usage
- General Hindi – 10 Questions: पठन कौशल, शब्द सामर्थ्य, व्याकरण एवं प्रयुक्ति
Part II – General Awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers (20 marks) :
- General Awareness & Current Affairs
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer Literacy
Part III – Perspectives on Education and Leadership (60 questions) :
Understanding the Learner :
- Concept of growth, maturation and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks and challenges.
- Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral, etc., deviations in development and its implications.
- Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
- Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity.
- Understanding Teaching Learning :
- Theoretical perspectives on Learning – Behaviorism, Cognitivist and Constructivism with special reference to their implications for:
- The role of the teacher.
- The role of learner.
- Nature of teacher-student relationship.
- Choice of teaching methods.
- Classroom environment.
- Understanding of discipline, power etc.
- Factors affecting learning and their implications for :
- Designing classroom instructions,
- Planning student activities and
- Creating learning spaces in school.
- Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning
- Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum, Principles of curriculum organization.
- Competency-based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
- Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan.
- Instructional material and resources.
- Information and Communication Technology(ICT) for teaching-learning.
- Evaluation: Purpose, types and limitations. Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Characteristics of a good tool.
- Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning, purpose and considerations in planning each.
- Enhancing Teaching-Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback, Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching.
- Creating Conducive Learning Environment :
- The concepts of Diversity, disability and Inclusion, implications of disability as social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions.
- Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive and primitive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counseling.
- Developing School and community as a learning resource.
- School Organization and Leadership:
- Leader as a reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach and mentor.
- Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative.
- Vision building, goal setting and creating a School Development Plan.
- Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, time-tabling, parent-teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums, using achievement data for improving teaching—learning, School Self Assessment and Improvement.
- Creating partnerships with community, industry and other neighboring schools and Higher Education Institutes — forming learning communities.
- Perspectives in Education :
- Role of school in achieving aims of education.
- NEP-2020: Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning; Foundational Literacy and Numeracy; Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency-based learning and Education.
- Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009,
- Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school education;
- School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages — Pedagogy & Assessment.
Part IV – Subject-specific Syllabus — Refer Annexure (80 marks)
Note : The interview is of 60 marks (including Demo teaching and interview). The weightage of Written Test, Professional Competency and Interview will be in the ratio of 70:30. Final merit list will be based on the performance of the candidates in Written Test, Professional Competency and Interview.
Read Related Article:-
- UPSC IAS Syllabus 2023 Civil Services Exam Syllabus Prelims + Mains
- UPPSC Syllabus 2023 Download PSC Pre Mains Syllabus
- GS SCORE IAS 2023 PRELIMS TEST SERIES – TEST 01 PDF Free Download