Daily Current Affairs: 25th November 2022.
Today’s important event. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, Prime Minister Modi remains the world’s most popular leader, ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ exercise, first G20 Sherpa Meeting, Urban unemployment rate drops, Bharatmala Pariyojana in Haryana, spike in measles cases, Aritappati, Tamilnadu first biodiversity heritage site, the tenth Malaysian Prime Minister, Russia Becomes the top Supplier of Fertilizers to India, etc.
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for November 25, 2022.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women:
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: 25th November
- This day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 1993.
- Violence against women is defined as any act of gender-based violence that causes physical, sexual, or psychological harm to women.
2. Prime Minister Modi remains the world’s most popular leader
- Prime Minister Modi remains the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 77%.
- This was revealed in a Global Leader Approval Ratings released by a US-based consulting firm Morning Consult.
3. INS Trikand, INS Sumitra take part in the ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ exercise
- Indian Navy’s INS Trikand and offshore patrol vessel INS Sumitra participated in the 13th edition of bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ off the coast of Oman
4. Udaipur to host first G20 Sherpa Meeting in India from 4 December
- The meeting is aimed at fostering growth and building bonds amongst the twenty nations.
- The summit is a preliminary meeting of the government representatives before the main G20 Summit
5. Urban unemployment rate drops for the fifth quarter to 7.2%
India’s urban unemployment rate dropped for the fifth consecutive quarter in the July-September period of 2022-23 (FY23) to 7.2 percent, according to the latest Periodic Labor Force Survey (PLFS).
6. Tamil Nadu approves proposal to include 60 villages in 3 districts
- Tamil Nadu has notified 60 villages in Chengalpet and 17 villages near Thirumazhisai for new town development.
- The planning area boundary for the proposed Chengalpattu New includes 60 villages from Chengalpattu, Thirukzhukundram, and Thiruporur Taluk.
- This government had announced five satellite towns near Chennai to decongest the city
7. Nitin Gadkari approves project under Bharatmala Pariyojana in Haryana
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has approved 4- Laning of the Bhiwani-Hansi road section of NH148B under Bharatmala Pariyojana in Bhiwani and Hisar districts.
- It has been approved with a budget of Rs.1322.13 crore.
8. Kerala’s Malappuram district reports spike in measles cases
- Kerala’s Malappuram district is reporting a spike in measles cases as the infection is spreading rapidly in Kalpakanchery and nearby areas.
- The State Health Department has stepped up vigilance as around 100 people have already been confirmed to be infected.
9. In Arittapatti, Tamilnadu gets its first biodiversity heritage site
- The Tamil Nadu government on 22nd November 2022 declared the Arittapatti village in Madurai district as a biodiversity heritage site.
- The village has a rich biological and historical significance with the presence of around 250 bird species.
10. Russia Becomes the top Supplier of Fertilizers to India
- India’s fertilizer imports from Russia surged 371% to a record 2.15 million tonnes in the first six months of the year starting on April 1.
- In the last entire fiscal year, India imported 1.26 million tonnes from Russia.
- Russia accounted for about 14% of the world’s urea exports.
11. Anwar Ibrahim was sworn in as the tenth Malaysian Prime Minister
- Malaysia’s veteran opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim has been sworn in as the country’s new prime minister on 24th November 2022.
- The new leader was appointed by King Sultan Abdullah.
- Anwar was Deputy to former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammad in the 1990s.