Current Affairs 2022
Daily Current Affairs 24th December 2022:
Daily Current Affairs: 24th December 2022. Today’s Current Affairs are covering following headlines: National Consumer Rights Day, Spain passes new transgender law, PRAKASHmay: NHPC Won Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India Award.
24th December 2022, Current Affairs:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 24th December 2022.
- National Consumer Rights Day: Every year on December 24, India observed the National Consumer Day or Bharatiya Grahak Diwas. This day is used to make all consumers aware of their powers and rights.This day was made under the Consumer Protection Act, which came to power in 1986 to create awareness and save consumers from market exploitation like defective products or expensive pricing. World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on March 15 every year.
- Spain passes new transgender law, anyone above 16 can change their gender: Spain passes new transgender law: The lower house of the Spanish Parliament approved a measure allowing individuals over the age of 16 to change their legally recorded gender without the need for medical supervision.
- IMF decreases FY23 India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.8%: IMF decreases FY23 India’s GDP growth forecast: In light of lower-than-anticipated output in the second quarter and more sluggish external demand, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) reduced India’s growth prediction for FY23 from 7.4% forecasted in July to 6.8%. India’s growth projection for FY23 has undergone three decreases, starting from 9% in January of this year.
- CCEA Increases the Minimum Support Prices for Copra for 2023 Season: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for copra for 2023 season. The approval is based on recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices and views of major coconut growing states.
- HDFC borrows USD 400 million from IFC for financing green affordable housing: HDFC borrows USD 400 million from IFC: As part of their efforts to promote climate goals, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) has provided a loan to mortgage giant HDFC in the amount of USD 400 million for the financing of green, affordable housing units.
- India-Japan to conduct 1st bilateral air combat exercise “Veer Guardian 23” in 2023: Veer Guardian 23: Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) are set to hold their maiden bilateral air exercise, “Veer Guardian 23”, from January 16 to 26 at Hyakuri air base and Iruma air base in Japan.
- PRAKASHmay: NHPC Won Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India Award: NHPC Limited has been awarded as the winner of the ‘Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India-Hydropower and Renewable Energy Sector’ at PRAKASHmay 15th Enertia Awards 2022.
- LG Manoj Sinha Launched 3 New Schemes for J&K: Jammu and Kashmir Lt Governor Manoj Sinha announced three New Schemes- Holistic Development of Agriculture & Allied Sectors, Aspirational Towns, and Aspirational Panchayat for J&K Union Territory. The projects which have now been approved by the administrative council, have an outlay of 5013 crore rupees.
Read Related Article:-