Current Affairs 2023 by Crack Adda
Daily Current Affairs 20th January 2023: Daily Current Affairs Update & Daily Quiz For Government Exams:
Daily Current Affairs: 20th January 2023. Today’s Current Affairs covers the following news headlines:
- The first Global Tourism
- Sainya Ranakshetram 2.0
- Bahrain’s ISA Award
- Penguin Awareness Day
- Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23
- Girls4Tech STEM Education
Daily Current Affairs 20th January 2023:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 20th January 2023.
- The first Global Tourism Investors’ Summit to be held in New Delhi: Ministry of Tourism will conduct the country’s first Global Tourism Summit in New Delhi from 10-12 April 2023 under India’s G20 Presidency, where all G20 member countries will be invited to participate. Global Tourism Investors’ Summit, India will showcase opportunities for investment and trade in various segments of tourism such as theme parks, adventure tourism, and wellness tourism.
- Indian Army Organises Sainya Ranakshetram 2.0 – A Cyber Threat Seminar Cum Workshop: The Indian Army organized the second edition of the Hackathon aptly named “SAINYA RANAKSHETRAM 2.0” from October 2022 to January 2023 under the aegis of HQ Army Training Command (ARTRAC). “SAINYA RANAKSHETRAM 2.0” aims to seek solutions to operational cyber challenges and to jump-start and telescope the development time for innovative solutions in the field of Cyber Security.
- Pakistan’s economy South Asia’s weakest: The World Bank predicts Pakistan’s economic growth to slow further to 2% during the current year. Pakistan’s GDP growth rate is to improve to 3.2% in 2024. The report reasoned devastating floods in 2022 as a reason for the precarious economic situation in the country. The report shows a “sharp, long-lasting slowdown” with global growth expected at 1.7% this year.
- Nepalese ophthalmologist Dr Sanduk Ruit wins Bahrain’s ISA Award for Service to Humanity: Himalayan Cataract Project Co-Founder Dr Sanduk Ruit won the ISA Award for Service to Humanity, a top civilian award in Bahrain. The award includes a cash prize of USD 1 million, a certificate of merit and a gold medal.
- Penguin Awareness Day 2023: Every year, Penguin Awareness Day is observed on January 20 across the world. The day aims to raise awareness on this crucial matter, and also enjoy fun penguin-themed activities.
- PM Modi Inaugurated Second Phase of Sansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the second phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 via video conferencing. Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 has been organized in Basti district, Uttar Pradesh by Harish Dwivedi, Member of Parliament from Basti since 2021.
- Mastercard Announced Second Phase of Girls4Tech STEM Education in India: Mastercard announced the expansion of its signature Girls4Tech, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education program in India. The Girls4Tech is supported by Mastercard Impact Fund and in partnership with the American India Foundation (AIF).
Read Related Article:-