Current Affairs 2023 by Crack Adda
Daily Current Affairs 1st & 2nd January 2023:
Daily Current Affairs: 1st & 2nd January 2023. Today’s Current Affairs are covering following headlines: Mega Dairy, International Year of Millets, Utkarsh 2.0, ISRO, India’s first underwater metro, etc.
- International Year of Millets 2023: The Government of India sponsored the proposal for the International Year of Millets (IYM) 2023 which was accepted by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). The declaration has been instrumental for the Government of India to be at the forefront in celebrating the IYM. PM Narendra Modi has also shared his vision to make IYM 2023 a ‘People’s Movement’ alongside positioning India as the ‘Global Hub for Millets’.
- India and Pakistan Exchange Lists of Nuclear Assets and Prison inmates: India and Pakistan exchanged lists of nuclear installations that cannot be attacked in the event of hostilities, maintaining a tradition dating back to 1992 despite bilateral ties being at an all-time low.
- Launch of Utkarsh 2.0 – Reserve Bank of India’s Medium-term Strategy Framework: The Reserve Bank of India’s Medium-term Strategy Framework for the period 2023-2025 – ‘Utkarsh 2.0’ – was launched by Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, RBI. The first strategy framework (Utkarsh 2022) covering the period 2019-2022 was launched in July 2019.
- GST collections in December up by 15 percent to Rs 1.49 lakh cr: According to a government announcement , India’s goods and services tax receipts increased 15% year over year in December to Rs 1.49 lakh crore ($18.07 billion), suggesting robust economic activity throughout the holiday season. In November, revenue from goods and services taxes totaled Rs. 1.46 lakh crore
- 1668 Journalists killed in the Past 20 years Between 2003 to 2022: A total of 1,668 Journalists have been killed worldwide with murders, contract killings, ambushes, war zone deaths, and fatal injuries. These journalists have been killed in connection with their work in the last two decades from 2003 to 2022. The reports gave an average of more than 80 journalists being killed every year.
- ISRO, Andhra University to Set up Equipment Along Beaches to Predict Rip Currents: Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO), National Centre for Earth Sciences (NCES), and the Andhra University (AU) have researched and concluded that constant rip current zones at blue flag-certified Rushikonda beach and RK Beach have become a danger to the beach visitors.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated Mega Dairy at Mandya, Karnataka: Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah inaugurated Mega Dairy at Mandya in Karnataka. The mega dairy inaugurated at a cost of Rs 260 crore would process 10 lakh liters of milk per day and the will have the capacity to increase it upto 14 lakh liters per day. 10 lakh liters of milk is processed, prosperity reaches the homes of lakhs of farmers.
- India’s first underwater metro to become operation by December 2023: India’s first underwater metro service, The Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC) said that the East-West Metro Corridor project, is expected to be completed by December 2023. With this, another feather is being added to the crown of Kolkata Metro, the first metro railway in the country.
Read Related Article:-