Daily Current Affairs 2023 by Crack Adda
Daily Current Affairs 14th January 2023: Daily Current Affairs Update & Daily Quiz For Government Exams:
Daily Current Affairs: 14th January 2023. Today’s Current Affairs covers the following news headlines:
- 7th Armed Forces Veterans Day
- 75th Indian Army Day
- India’s First Centre of Excellence in Online Gaming
- Regional Office of EPFO
- “Saharsh” Special Education Program
- Mongeet Festival
Daily Current Affairs 14th January 2023:
If you are a student preparing for entrance exams or like to keep yourself updated, the following current affairs will help you. The current affairs provide you with daily updates about economic, national, international, etc., events. They highlight important events and news which can help in your exam preparation for UPSC, SSC, Railways, Banking, and other Competitive Exams. Here, you can get all the important News Headlines for 14th January 2023.
- 7th Armed Forces Veterans Day celebrates on 14 January 2023: The Armed Forces Veterans Day is celebrated on 14th January since 1953, the First Indian Commander in Chief (C-in-C) of Indian Army- Field Marshal KM Cariappa, who led Indian Forces to Victory in the 1947 war, had formally retired from the Services.
- 75th Indian Army Day observed on 15 January 2023: Indian army day 2023 is celebrated on 15th January 2023 and it mark the 75th anniversary of the Indian army day. Every year on January 15, India celebrates its Army Day. It is the day on which Field Marshal Kodandera M. Cariappa (then a Lieutenant General) took over as the first CommanderinChief of the Indian Army from the last British CommanderinChief of India, General Fransis Bucher in the year 1949.
- India’s First Centre of Excellence in Online Gaming to be set up in Shillong: Digital India Startup Hub, through the Software Technology Parks of India, shall set up India’s first Centre of Excellence in Online Gaming at Shillong by March 2023. This was announced by Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, at a function in Meghalaya’s capital.
- Union Labour Minister Inaugurated Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar: Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav inaugurated the Regional Office of Employees provident Fund Organization (EPFO) at Alwar, Rajasthan. The Regional Office will help more than 2 lakh workers, 12,000 establishments, and 8,500 pensioners from Alwar and the neighboring districts of Bharatpur and Dholpur.
- “Saharsh” Special Education Program Launched by Tripura State Government: The ‘Saharsh’ was launched in 40 schools of the state on a pilot basis in August last year. This year, it will be extended to all government and aided schools in Tripura from the second week of January.
- Assam to Celebrate Mongeet Festival of Music, Culture, and Food: Mongeet is a festival of music, poetry, art, craft, food, culinary techniques, indigenous herbs, and culture celebrated in Majuli, Assam. The Mongeet festival started in the year 2020 as a movement of arts and music and it aims to nurture the upcoming musical talents of Assam. It was started by actor Adil Hussain and Kaushik Nath, an actor-director-turned-entrepreneur.
- NCLT gives Approval for the Merger of Multiplex Operators PVR and Inox: In a major boost to the film and entertainment industry, the PVR-Inox merger has been approved by the National Company Law Tribunal. The NCLT judge has approved the scheme of the merger in a verbal order. A written order is likely to be passed in the next 15-20 days. On March 27, PVR and Inox Leisure announced their merger, which has already been approved by their respective shareholders, creditors as well as leading bourses NSE and BSE.
- Startup firm IG Drones Develops India’s First 5G-enabled Drone, Skyhawk: Startup firm IG Drones, which was born out of the Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) campus in Odisha’s Sambalpur has developed a 5G-enabled drone that is capable of vertical take-off and landing. As it’s a VTOL (Vertical Take-off and Landing), it can be operated from any terrain without the need for a conventional runway.
Read Related Article:-